Check UAN Activation status by PF number
It is the first question that really strikes our mind when we go through the word. UAN means Universal Account Number which is generated for each and every person registered to EPFO. UAN actually serves as a link which you can easily use for making various payments and establishments. It is a unique number which enables you to get all the details of your EPF within just a few seconds.
What is UAN and why it is used?
UAN is provided by the Employment Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) to each and every salaried employee who has an EPF account. If you want to check your UAN status; you can easily do it by downloading the UAN number list from the official website of the EPFO and can check the claim if any.
In case if you wanted to port your PF number and Universal Account Number; you can easily do it with the help of the official portal.
Benefits of UAN Number
UAN is a universal account number which has simplified the work of EPF up to some extent. Here, we have listed some of the benefits of the UAN number which will help you learn about it more.
- UAN enables you to make an access to the EPF passbook. It means that you can now easily get to know about all the details of your EPF number.
- Once you have activated your UAN number you can easily get to know about the balance status of EPF through the help of missed call or SMS alert.
- It helps in transferring the EPF balance automatically from one account to another once you have switched the job
- You can easily go for EPF withdrawing with the help of combining UAN number to the Aadhar number
- If you have linked your Aadhar with the UAN facilities you can easily withdraw EPF from your account without requiring the signatures of employer’s on, any documents. It means that it provides you fast and easy accessibility.
Benefits of registering at UAN Member E-Sewa Portal
UAN Member E-Sewa portal is a wonderful initiation by the EPFO which will enable you to enjoy unlimited facilities through it. You can now know about balance in your PF account, transfer it easily from one organization to another, get a passbook for the detailed overview and much more. We have here enlisted here some of the benefits of it. These are:
- It enables you to download the updated EPF passbook.
- It will enable you to know about the PF balance including with the previous accounts too.
- It also helps you in taking a loan on your EPF balance.
- It enables you to upload your KYC data.
- It also helps you in changing your registered mobile number and email address as per your desire.
- You can now also go for transferring your PF easily online from one firm to another.
- It also provides you the facility of Missed Calls to get notified about your EPF account balance.
How to get UAN Number online
Universal Account Number is a right of each and every salaried employee which is issued by EPFO. If you are willing you apply for UAN number the only things you need to have are PF number which is printed on your salary slip, your date of birth, your full name, and your mobile number, that’s all. We are here, providing you step by step procedure which will enable you to easy getting your UAN number.
- Open your web browser and go to the UAN Members E-Sewa Portal by entering the URL address http://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Once you have done with it, click on the option of ‘Know your UAN Status’.
- Now fill the PF number details in the prescribed columns and then click on the Check Status for checking your UAN status.
- You will get a notification message on your registered mobile number whether your UAN number has been generated or not.
- If your UAN number has been generated you will have to add your other details such as name, date of the birth mobile number and email address for verifying it. One thing you should keep in mind while adding your details is that to add the exact details as per printed on the EPFO records.
- Once you have done, the next you have to add a password for verifying the UAN number portal.
- A captcha will be provided to you. Fill it accurately and then click on the option of Get PIN to get your authorized PIN.
- You will receive this PIN on the registered mobile number. Just fill it in the prescribed column and then click on the option of ‘I Agree’ to verify all the terms and conditions.
- Click on the Submit button to continue with the process.
- A new page will open up showing your UAN number. You will also get a notification through SMS alert for the same along with the UAN number.
- Save this UAN number for the future use.
Verification of the Status
On the successful generation of UAN number you can verify the status by just following the steps provided below:
- Open your web browser and go to the official website of UAN Portal through the link http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in.
- Open up the provided link and then click on the option of Your Provident Fund to continue the process.
- Enter all the required details and then click on the option of Submit button.
- Add your PF number, the state where your office resides, and the region of it where you actually are working.
- Once done with it, it will automatically fill the next two columns. Just confirm your provident number and then fill the 7 organization number which is same of all of the employees of your organization.
- Now, enter your PF number and then click on the option of Check your UAN Status for verifying it.
EPFO UAN Number Verification through PF
Employees can also go for checking their UAN number with the help of PF number. Here, we are providing you with the step by step procedure for doing the same.
- Open your web browser and then go to the official site of UAN Portal.
- A new page will open up asking you to fill some of your details.
- Enter your name which would be same as in PF account.
- Now, enter your date of birth same as that in PF account.
- Enter your currently working number so as to receive the authorized PIN on it.
- Last but not the least; enter your Provident Fund Number which you can easily get from your salary slip.
- Now, click on the option of Verify to make verification of the entire process.
- Once you have successfully done with it, you will get an authorized PIN on your registered mobile number.
- The best thing about this service is that you can easily get registered to the UAN Portal once it has been successfully activated.
Solutions for the related problems
In case if you are facing a problem related to your UAN number you can easily go for asking help at the toll-free number 1800118005 in the working hours for 09:15 AM to 05:45 PM Monday to Friday.