How to check EPF Balance in Passbook?
EPFO has launched various tools and techniques through which you can easily check your EPF balance in the passbook like other accounts. EPF is a kind of security of our future after retirement which is actually deducted every month from our salary. The employer also has to add some share of it on its behalf so as to make it a huge amount till retirement.
Checking EPF balance on regular basis is very much necessary so as to get aware of the detailed transactions and the balance amount in your account. It also enables you to get you acknowledged the fact that whether your employer is contributing its behalf or not. Here, we are going to provide you the different methods of checking EPF balance in Passbook.
How to check EPF Member Balance?
There are five different methods through which you can easily check your EPF balance. These are: –
- Checking EPF balance online with UAN number
- Checking EPF balance online without UAN number
- Checking EPF balance through SMS Services
- Checking EPF balance through Missed Calls Services
- Checking EPF balance through Android App
Checking EPF balance online with UAN number
- Checking EPF balance online with UAN number: The first thing you need to go forward with the process is to ensure the activation of your PF account in the current organization. If you don’t have activated yet just go further with the process which will take about four days for activating your UAN.
- Open your web browser and then log in to the member portal of the EPFO website.
- A new page will be open asking you to enter your 12 digits activated UAN number. Once you have done with it add your password for continuing with the process.
- Once you have entered into the portal you will find a list of various options such as claim status, transferring request and much more from where select the desired one i.e. track your PF account.
- Once you have done with it now click on the option ‘View’ which will enable you to get the detailed view of your profile, service history, UAN cared and passbook address.
- Now click on the option of Our Service followed by ‘For Employees’. If you wanted to check the EPF contribution of the employers every month go with the option of ‘member passbook’.
- Go to the option of EPF passbook and view your contribution made by the company.
Checking EPF balance online without UAN number
- Checking EPF Balance online without UAN number: It is not always necessary that everyone should remember his/her UAN number all the time or have resources at that the time of checking. In such cases, you can easily check your EPF balance online through the way provided below:
- Open your web browser and open the URL http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php.
- A new page will open up providing you another link named ‘Click here to know your EPF Balance’.
- Just make a click on the provided link which will automatically redirect you to the URL http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_balance/membe_balance_office_select.php.
- A new page will open showing a list of various options. Go with the option of “Member Balance Information’ and then select the state which you belongs to in the prescribed heading.
- Now, go with the option of EPFO Office and then click on the link provided.
- Enter your Employee PF account number along with the name and mobile number and then click on the Submit button to get the final results.
Checking EPF balance through SMS Services
- Checking EPF balance through SMS Services: Checking EPF balance through SMS services is one of the easiest ways to get detailed knowledge about your PF account details which provides you the desired results in just a few minutes. It is a wonderful initiation by EPFO which was successfully launched in September 2015. The only thing you need to keep in mind while going further with the process is that to ensure whether your UAN number has been activated by the user or not. Also, you can only; use UAN registered mobile number for availing these SMS services. Once it is activated you can enjoy these amazing services whenever and wherever required.
- We have provided below the detailed method of getting details of your EPF balance through SMS. Follow the step by step procedure for easy access.
- Open your message box and go for the option of creating a new message.
- Add your message having format EPFOHO UAN <ENG> in the text box and then send it to the number 7738299899. The word <ENG> we have used in the format is a language where we have selected the English language for receiving the SMS. These SMS services are available in 10 vernacular languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Bengali and Kannada.
- Once you have successfully sent your message, you will get a feedback from the EPFO including your member details, KYC details, last contribution, and total EPF balance etc.
One thing you need to remember is that if you don’t have linked your mobile number to your Aadhar number, PAN and bank account digitally approved by the employer; you will not be able to avail the SMS services.
- Checking EPF balance through Missed Calls Services: It is another wonderful initiation by the EPFO which enables you to get your detailed statement of your EPF account with the help of just making a missed call on the landline number 011-22901406. It is a 24 * 7 service and hence you don’t have to wait for the working hours of EPFO for going through the process. It was basically launched in September 2015 along with two other services EFPO mobile app, and SMS based UAN activation.
As soon as you make a missed call on the landline number of 01122901406 you will get an instantaneous feedback from EPFO asking you some details about your EPFO account. Once your request for checking EPF balance will be confirmed, you will receive a message showing you’re all the EPF account details.
- Checking EPF balance through Android App: The facility of EPFO android app was provided by the EPFO in September 2015. This wonderful application is easily available on Google Play Store from where you can easily download and install it on your device. It is a free app so therefore you don’t need to pay any charges for it. Once you have successfully downloaded the app on your device; just enjoy the services anywhere anytime you want.
Points to remember: We have provided you above 5 easiest ways of checking your EPF balance from where you can easily choose the one which suits you most. There are some points which you should really need to keep in mind and these are: –
- You can’t go for multiple number registrations along with your EPF account. You are only authorized to link only a single mobile number with your EPF account.
- EPFO offers you the facility of changing your linked mobile number any time you want.
- Once you have successfully established your member account, you will only able to view one EPF account i.e. only yours’ from it.
- The EPF accounts which have been settled down or are inoperative for a long time are not accessible.
- If you wanted to check different EPF accounts from your device you need to register again using different ID proofs and mobile numbers for going further with the process.